Monday 31 December 2012

New Year Resolutions

We are nearing the end of 2012 and I have been thinking about what resolutions I would like to make for 2013...

1. Improve my fitness - The hectic start to 2012 with the house project meant that I put roller derby on hold until July. I've spent the rest of the year trying to catch up with the rest of the team who have progressed so amazingly while I have been away! So, for 2013, I would like to get back to the fitness level I was in 2011 and continue to improve on this. 

2. Relax - I am naturally quite a stressed person, but also like to keep busy. When i have lots of things on my plate, I start to panic. This really isn't healthy, so I need to make time to relax and keep organised to keep some balance in my life. This also links to the next point....

3. Learn that it is ok to say NO - It IS ok to say no sometimes. I always worry that it makes me look like a horrible person, when it's not always realistic to say yes to everything. Be it every social event, extra projects at work or additional responsibility for the roller derby team - IT IS OK TO SAY NO SOMETIMES!!

4. Find more time to sew - Since getting my sewing machine in May, I have completed 3 small projects.  In 2013 - I want to sew more and advance in my projects. This will also give me some relevant things to blog about, which leads me to...

5. Make time to post on this blog!!! - This goes without saying really...! A bad start in 2012, but i'm already making more of an effort and 2013 hasn't (quite) started yet!

I hope you all have a great start to 2013, have you made any resolutions? What are your plans to celebrate?

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Untitled

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you on the learning it is ok to say no. I always end up over extending myself because I can't say no and then just feel miserable! Here's to 2013 being the year of no, or at least making it so we feel better about saying no sometimes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. It is so hard! Sometimes it feels easier just to say yes... but we have to be strong! Let's try for 2013!

      Delete