Monday 14 January 2013

Cherry Crumble

My lovely boyfriend had been amazing - tidying, cleaning and sorting out the house etc while I had a super busy week at work, so as a Friday treat, I cooked a meal of his choice.

He loves it when I make homemade burgers and one of his favourite topping is prawns with mayonnaise. So after work on Friday, I went and got all the ingredients and saw a big container of juicy looking cherries

Untitled 

I heated them on a low heat with 4 tablespoons of raspberry jam for a few minutes

Untitled

Then covered with crumble (I cheated this time and bought a crumble mix :s ) 25 minutes in the oven at Gas Mark 6 (200 c)
In the meantime, I whipped up some burgers, the prawn mayo topping, homemade chips and corn on the cob. I also made a delicious and healthy coleslaw (forgot to take a picture of it though!). I used this slimming world recipe (minus the radishes).

Untitled

After we had eaten it, the crumble was ready. We topped it with custard and naughtily polished off the lot!!
Untitled
Apologies for the steamy picture - fresh out of the oven!
It definitely went down well! (I'd just like to point out that Olli doesn't always get treated so well ;) )

3 comments: