Thursday 29 May 2014

A weekend in Paris – Part 2

Today was the day – we were off to Disneyland!!
I was like an excited child and after a breakfast of the pastries bought the previous day, I left the hotel wearing my Minnie ears, as you do!

Untitled
Obviously coordinated my outfit with the ears...!
Val D’Europe is one stop away from Disney, so after a few minutes on the train, we were there!
Even as an adult, Disney is truly a magical place!
Untitled

We spent the day riding rollercoasters and enjoying all of the magic Disney has to offer.
Untitled

Untitled

The evening light show didn’t start until 10.30pm, so we ate late in the park. Unfortunately I was so hungry that I forgot to take pictures, but we decided to try one of the International buffets – Plaza Gardens on Main Street. This wasn’t cheap at about $30 each, but there was a great selection of hot and cold food and unlimited soft drinks.
There was such a range of food from tortellini, pasta and meatballs to mussels and a full salad bar (complete with snails!). Olli was happy with the desserts on offer too – including lemon meringue, pancakes, sweets, chocolate mousse, chocolate tart – we were pretty full by the end of it!
We rode the Pirates of the Carribean ride 4 times while we waited for our food to go down then it was time for the evening show.
It was incredible! I did my best to take photos, but they didn’t come out quite so well, so afraid you will have to imagine!
We got back to the hotel within 15 minutes of the end of the show and went straight to bed.
Monday was my birthday and what better way to spend it!
We used the spa in the morning – spending time in the steam room, sauna, pool and Jacuzzi, then headed to Disney for another day.
Untitled

For my birthday lunch, I chose Annette’s Diner. I love American style Diners and the waiters and waitresses serve you on roller skates!
I had the rockabilly burger, onion rings and an Oreo and Nutella milkshake (it was AMAZING!), while Olli went all out and had the Maxi Incredible burger… with 6 whole burgers!!!!
Untitled
Nutella & Oreo milkshake - winner!
Untitled
Can you believe he ate it all?!?!
He completely demolished it, while I made a pretty feeble attempt at mine!
We waited with anticipation for the parade and it definitely didn’t disappoint, I was singing along and waving at the Princesses by the end!
Untitled

Untitled


Then all too soon, it was time to say goodbye…..

Untitled
I’m so lucky to have spent my birthday at such a magical place, it has made me even more excited about our trip to Florida (fingers crossed!) next year!

1 comment:

  1. It looks like so much fun and a perfect way to spend your birthday, and I would have totally worn my Minnie mouse ears out of the hotel too!

    ReplyDelete